STOP HUNGER ON APRIL 7, 2012
India is home to 247 million under-nourished people. Over 30% of the population lives in poverty. Thousands of Indian children die every day from hunger-related causes. The Worldwide Hunger Project (WWHP) is a pilot program creating the largest garage sale event on the planet on April 7, 2012 to raise money to feed the starving and undernourished in India. 100% of proceeds will go to Humanity In Unity’s Just One Hunger Initiative, which feeds thousands of people, mostly mothers and their children, in Varanasi and Allahabad. Help the WWHP bring food to those who need it most. Hold a garage sale in your area and donate your proceeds to the Worldwide Hunger Project.
- If we all fed "Just One" other person, we can transform the planet.
- The Global Hunger Index (GHI) identifies the hunger conditions in 4 countries as "Extremely Alarming" and 22 countries as "Alarming".
- The Worldwide Hunger Project is a platform for people all over the world to show where they stand against hunger.
- “If only we knew how many children are dying because there is no food. No water” H.H. Sai Maa
- “When someone’s stomach is empty, they cannot appreciate life. They cannot meditate. They cannot Love. They cannot exist.” H.H. Sai Maa
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others” Ghandi
- “You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result”. Ghandi